Scotland’s Old Course at St. Andrews is the oldest golf course in the world. Today, the rules and regulations of golf are set by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, which was founded in 1754. Scotland may be the birthplace of the greatest game ever played, but in its long history, the game of golf has spread across the world. Golf has grown in popularity over the last few centuries, garnering a good following of fans and enticing millions of players to tee off. St. Andrews may be known as the home of golf, but here in the United States, there are many beautifully designed golf courses that players of varying levels can experience. One of those great courses just happens to be in the DFW Metroplex in Texas. Read on to learn 9 things to know about the Arthur Hills Golf Course in North Texas.
- Heritage Ranch was designed by one of the best in the business. Arthur Hills was one of the best known American golf course architects. He had a hand in the design of more than 200 golf courses throughout the United States, including private, resort, and public courses. One of the ideals that Arthur Hills embodied in his course design was a goal to make each course playable for golfers of all abilities and levels of play. There are four sets of tees on the course as well as a wide variety of challenges to promote that playability for every skill level.
- This premier course is open to both public golfers and private members. You don’t have to be a member to play on the course at Heritage Ranch. Tee times can be booked online for both public and ranch club members. The club offers some great options for membership packages at a few different price points.
- Work with the pros. Instruction is available at Heritage Ranch in either a private or a group setting. Lessons are a fun way to work in a professional environment on improving your golf game. Group clinics are another way to up your game; you can organize and schedule team building activities through clinics at Heritage Ranch. The professional team at Heritage Ranch includes PGA level golfers who offer instruction from fundamentals to advanced methods.
- Practice makes perfect. Heritage Ranch Golf and Country Club offers golfers one of the best practice facilities in the DFW area. Weekly golf clinics are offered from March through the fall season, they are open to all golfers. These clinics cover the fundamentals like full swing, short game, and game management. You can visit the Golf Shop to sign up for a clinic.
- Get your kids on the greens. Golf is a great sport for a lifetime, and getting your kids into the game early on is a great way to ensure you’ll have a golf buddy in the family. Heritage Ranch Golf and Country Club offers junior golf camps where the younger set can learn the basics of the game, with work on swinging, chipping, and putting. Camps are typically offered during the summer time.
- Play in a natural setting. The course at Heritage Ranch is set amid scenic, natural beauty. There are rolling hills and winding creeks throughout. The fairways are lined with mature pecan trees, oaks, and cedars, and water features abound.
- Stay to celebrate after a round. Once you’ve played all 18, head over to the Corral Grill in the gorgeous setting of the Heritage Ranch Golf and Country Club Clubhouse. Their menu offers some classics alongside a few more adventurous dining options. It’s a family friendly dining experience for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- You can shop here too. If you’re not new to golf, you know that proper golf attire is required at all times at clubs like Heritage Ranch. The club doesn’t allow denim, blue jeans, t-shirts, or tank tops. Men and women must wear collared or mock neck shirts. If you’re wearing shorts, they must be Bermuda-length. If you are needing some golf gear, head on over to the Golf Shop, which offers the latest styles in men’s and women’s golf wear.
- It’s an award-winning place. A few of the honors that Heritage Ranch has accrued include being named the #3 Golf Course in Dallas Fort Worth East in 2021 and Top Elite Golf Course in 2021 by Avid Golfer. The course was also named as a pick for Golfers’ Choice by NBC’s Golf Pass in 2022 and has made an appearance on Golf Advisor’s Golfer’s Choice honor roll of the top 50 public courses in the country.
See for yourself. Heritage Ranch Golf and Country Club is located in Fairview, Texas, just about 35 minutes northeast of Dallas. Reach out to the club to schedule a tee time, book a clinic, or inquire about membership options.