Many people choose small town living for a strong sense of community and a slower pace of life. Fairview offers so many of the benefits of small-town life in addition to proximity to the faster-paced city life of Dallas. Fairview is a great place to live for so many reasons, and one of those is its town center. Fairview Town Center was built to serve its community; in addition to being a prime location for businesses, retail, offices, and services like doctors and dentists, Fairview Town Center is also the perfect place to have some fun. Read on to learn about 9 fun things to do at the Village at Fairview.
- Retail Therapy. Shopping can be a great mood booster, and there are so many stores to help boost your mood at Fairview Town Center. Whether you enjoy browsing at big department stores like Macy’s (complete with a Toys R Us inside!) or Dillard’s, or specialty shops like Rally House, and The Point Skate Shop, the town center has plenty of options. The whole family can find outfits at Old Navy, and if you need to fuel up with healthy snacks for a big day of shopping, stop at Whole Foods, conveniently located on Stacy Road.
- Have a spa day. Lashes, nails, hair, and makeup—oh my! There are so many places to treat yourself to some self-care at Fairview Town Center. For a fun spa day, get manis and pedis at Fairview Nails and Spa or Rose Couture Nail Bar. Lash services are offered at Amazing Lash, while Hello Gorgeous Salon focuses on skin care, cosmetics, and health. Need a fresh cut and color? Sola Salon Studios, JC Penney Salon, and Salon Perspective are great places for hair care. And spa days are not just for the ladies; the Grooming Store barbershop–set to open soon–offers a shave and a haircut for men.
- Work it out. Fitness is a way of life in Fairview. The town center features quite a few spaces dedicated to physical fitness. Hotworx offers its members unlimited 24-hour access to a variety of virtually instructed, infrared sauna workouts. The unique combo of heat and energy is a great way to work up a sweat and burn calories. For the more traditional gym-goers, there is a 24-hour fitness with access to gym equipment as well as amenities like a pool, sauna, steam room, and basketball court. Group and personal training options are available at 24 Hour Fitness too. F45 specializes in innovative, high-intensity group workouts that are fast, fun, and results-driven, and Cycle Bar offers a music-driven, instructor-led cardio cycling class that delivers a fun, low-impact workout.
- A fountain of fun. The fountain in the center of the town center is a popular spot for people-watching and picture-taking. In the spring and summer seasons, the fountain is open for splashing and water play, with fountain show times at 7pm and 8pm daily. Just be sure to mind the fountain monitors for safety.
- Experience the arts. Fairview Youth Theater, founded in 2016, is a part of the North Texas Performing Arts family of Theatres. This company for kids provides educational theatre classes, camps, and productions for students from ages 3 to 18 (grades K through 12). Its impressive space at the Fairview Town Center holds a 180-seat theatre, Cornerstone Blackbox Theatre, a reception center, 4 rehearsal studios, a set-build shop, a costume shop, and offices. Kids who participate in theatre can gain confidence and self-esteem through performing and creative expression. Collaborating in a theatre company also allows for building new friendships. And if you’re not into acting or set design, you can enjoy Fairview Youth Theater by seeing one of the company’s fabulous shows. If moving pictures are more your speed, iPic Theaters is set in the center, near Fairview Town Hall. IPic offers an elevated entertainment experience and a great way to dine and catch a film.
- Take a coffee break. Cream & Sugar opens at 7am daily for customers to get their caffeine fix. The menu of signature drinks includes The Otter, a vanilla, honey, and cinnamon latte as well as The Reindeer, a hazelnut and mocha latte. For those who opt for non-coffee items, Cream & Sugar has fun drink offerings like the Dreamsicle, the Blueberry Spark, or the Dark Rose. If drinks aren’t your thing, ice cream is also served by the scoop. If soda drinks are more your speed, try one of the sweet concoctions at Swig.
- Indulge in some good eats. There are so many fun dining options at the town center. For a bit of spice, try the cuisine at Wild Salsa, Café Gecko, or Gloria’s. Boomer Jack’s, Boozie’s and G.O.A.T. are great places for diners wanting a bar and grill experience. There are a few spots to find sushi, sandwiches, salads, and pizza too.
- Make memories with your family. The Fairview Town Center makes family fun easy by offering Family Friday events. These free events are held Friday nights from April to June, 6:30 to 8pm. Each week, the activity will be held at a specific location, so be sure to check the FTC event page for details. From clowns to jugglers, mermaids to face painters, these activities offer delightful family fun.
- Make time for music. The town center is a great place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The center also puts on free music shows at The Park. From bluegrass to rock to country to Americana, some of the most talented local musicians grace the FTC stage on Saturday evenings at 7pm. Bring lawn chairs and blankets, and picnic with goodies from your favorite Fairview Town Center businesses. The spring music series runs April through June, and details can be found here.
Want to learn more about all the fun you can have at Fairview Town Center? Check out the website to discover all the ways Fairview fits your lifestyle.