To live in North Texas is to have the best of both worlds: You get small-town community living as well as proximity to big city amenities. North Texans can enjoy conveniences like delicious dining, various entertainment options, and great shopping. In addition, North Texas communities boast beautiful community parks, plentiful walking trails, golf courses, and accessible outdoor space galore. With this abundance of opportunity, there are so many ways to improve your quality of life in North Texas. Here are 9 of them:
- Get Active Outdoors. Movement of our bodies—when we’re young and as we age—is one of the best ways to stay healthy. Outdoor space offers a great way to get fresh air, to soak up some sunshine and Vitamin D, and get moving. Fortunately, Fairview, Texas is home to 6 community parks including playgrounds, walking trails, and picnic pavilions. Parkside Trailhead leads to both a paved and natural trail, connecting to Beaver Run Park. Beaver Run, like many local parks features a playground and a place to picnic.
- Learn Something New Everyday. Our brains need just as much activity as our bodies. One of the ways to improve your quality of life in North Texas is to take advantage of educational activities in the area. The Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary in Collin County aims to connect visitors with nature in hopes of inspiring a deeper appreciation for the environment. A treasure trove of animals, exhibits, and trails offers so many ways to learn.
- Spend time with loved ones. Texas is big on family and friends, and North Texas communities make family fun easy. Whether you’re discovering new date night spots in the Metroplex, or doing a family dinner and a movie at Fairview Town Center, there are many fabulous places for meetups and connections throughout the region.
- Connect with your community. The town of Fairview was founded in the 1950s, and that small-town charm of the ‘50s remains, even as the community grows. Fairview hosts large houses on large lots, wide open spaces, beautiful horse farms, alongside hills, woods, meadows, and creeks. The community also offers quality schools and plentiful places to gather and connect with neighbors, including its local podcast, Getting Neighborly. However, our communities extend to those who could use a helping hand. Giving is a great way to improve your quality of life; North Texans can volunteer through organizations like The Veterans Center of North Texas and the North Texas Foodbank.
- Love where you live and where you work. Our quality of life is affected not only by our home and the community in which we live, but by satisfaction with our everyday jobs. North Texas is a wonderful place to work. There is plenty of 4-star office space available in Fairview, a town that offers a prime location for businesses as well as access to an impressive workforce.
- Appreciate the Arts. Expanding your mind through exposure to creativity and the arts is one of the ways to improve your quality of life in North Texas. Fairview Youth theatre encourages an appreciation for the arts in its young residents through a variety of productions, classes, and camps—bringing a little bit of Broadway to North Texas.
- Rest and Refresh. After plenty of activity outside, evenings of arts and entertainment, and hard days at work, resting and refreshing becomes a necessary part of North Texas life. Recharge by getting in some golf at Heritage Ranch, or take a spa day for yourself by booking time at a few of the Fairview Town Center’s salons and cosmetic shops.
- Eat Well. Nothing says fresh like food produced locally. Sign up for Profound Foods, a Fairview based farming operation that provides weekly home delivery service. There are also plenty of healthy options like Fairview Town Center’s Whole Foods Market or Fairview Farmers, a favorite North Texas brunch spot.
- Treat yourself. One of the common tenets of a great quality of life is balance. Be sure to treat yourself once in a while. The shops at Fairview Town Center can help with this. Swig is the new talk of the town, offering customers the chance to create custom combinations of sweet soda drinks. Cream and Sugar is both an ice cream and coffee shop, catering to all kinds of cravings.
The friendly communities, diverse work opportunities, abundance of outdoor activities, and options for a healthy lifestyle are all available in North Texas. See for yourself at: https://fairviewtexasedc.com/living-here/